Joel M. Grafstein, Esq. Member
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 13
- Bankruptcy Litigation
Admitted to Practice
- 1973, New York, Connecticut
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- Law School: New York Law School, J.D., 1973; New York University, LL.M. (corporate law), 1974.
- Initial Member of Panel Chapter 7 Trustees, 1978-1982 appointed by Carter Administration 1977.
- CLE Instructor 1982 to Present. Certificate of Appreciation, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Pro Bono Service 2012.
- Member of Pro Bono Network (1997-present). Guest on Fox 61 as expert on new Bankruptcy Law.
- Guest on WFSB as expert on new Bankruptcy Law.
- Guest on WTIC as expert on new Bankruptcy Law.
- Guest expert on Fox61 News Behind the Headlines. Director Legal Affairs FEMA Region 1 1976-1988.
- Consulted as authority by New York Times, Hartford Courant, Journal Inquirer and Hartford Business Journal.
- Connecticut Bar Association, (Board of Directors: Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, 1999-2012)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
- “Bankruptcy Litigation 101” National Business Institute (2013)
- “Bankruptcy Basics-Boot Camp” National Business Institute (2012)
- “Collections-Seeking and Collecting Judgments” National Business Institute (2012)
- “Consumer Bankruptcy” National Business Institute (2010)
- “Fundamentals of Bankruptcy” Connecticut Bar Association
- “Bankruptcy for Beginners” Connecticut Bar Association (2007)
- “Aligning Your Practice a Guide for Lawyers for the New Bankruptcy Law,” National Business Institute (2005)
- “Fundamentals of Bankruptcy Law”, National Business Institutes, (2003-2004)
- “Connecticut Collection Law,” Professional Education Systems, Inc., 1985-1993
- “Connecticut Mortgage Foreclosures,” Professional Education Systems, Inc., (1983 and 1984)
- “Enforcing Secured Claims in Connecticut,” Professional Educational Systems, Inc., (1985)
- “Mortgage Foreclosures Start to Finish,” Professional Educational Systems, Inc., (1990)
- “Workouts, Distressed Real Estate & Bankruptcy,” Lorman Education (1990)
- “Mortgage Foreclosures,” Professional Educational Systems, Inc. 2000
- “Problem Loans in Connecticut,” National Business Institutes, (1988). Co-author: 1984 Supplement, Caron, Connecticut Foreclosures.