Accomplished Bankruptcy Lawyers Help You Rebuild Your Life
Established Connecticut law firm assists clients with bankruptcy, business law, and other legal issues
In today’s economy, many families and business owners are struggling financially. At Grafstein & Arcaro, LLC, our skilled bankruptcy attorneys are here to ease your burden by guiding you through the bankruptcy process, assisting with business law concerns or handling civil litigation. Founded in 1974, our firm, with offices in New Britain and Manchester, provides Hartford-area residents and companies with highly responsive legal service from lawyers who are truly concerned with your welfare. We understand the stress that comes from crippling debt and business disputes and will work diligently to help you get the fresh start you deserve.
Conscientious lawyers provide high-quality representation to Hartford-area residents
Our attorneys, who draw upon more than 55 years of combined experience in bankruptcy law, civil litigation, business law, and business litigation, are respected for their knowledge and compassion. Both clients and colleagues recommend us to others because they know we offer:
- Reputable guidance — Our firm has delivered effective counsel to clients in our community and throughout the greater Hartford area for more than 40 years. Additionally, we have been recognized by fellow lawyers familiar with our work: Joel M. Grafstein is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for high ethical standards and professional ability. Whether you seek bankruptcy relief or counsel for a business dispute, our attorneys provide you with trusted representation.
- Individualized attention — Bankruptcy is a highly personal issue that requires individualized attention. Our attorneys will guide you through each step of the process, from the initial filing to discharging your debt, to ensure you understand your options and know what’s going on at every stage of your case.
- Protection for your rights — As a consumer, you have certain rights afforded to you by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Our attorneys make sure those rights are protected at all times. When you file for bankruptcy, an automatic stay goes into effect, prohibiting creditors or collection agencies from contacting you. We ensure creditor harassment ends when the bankruptcy process begins.
Legal issues such as bankruptcy cause tremendous stress for families and businesses alike. Experienced and highly regarded, our lawyers focus on easing the pressure so you can move on with your life.
Skilled attorneys offer sound bankruptcy and business counsel
Our firm provides strong legal support in the following practice areas:
- Bankruptcy — We have extensive experience helping individuals file for Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Our lawyers thoroughly review your financial situation to determine which chapter is ideally suited for you. We also help business owners manage debt through Chapter 11 so that they can remain operational. For both individuals and companies, we advise whether bankruptcy is in your best interests and, if so, guide you through the process.
- Fighting debt collections — Our lawyers are well versed in the many federal and state laws that protect you against unfair debt collection practices, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act. We work diligently to put an end to the phone calls, threats of lawsuits, and letters from debt collection agencies.
- Business litigation — Even a minor business dispute can affect profits and disrupt day-to-day operations. Our savvy legal team helps Hartford-area business owners to resolve conflicts related to breach of contracts, business torts, partnership disputes, and other business matters that require litigation.
- Civil litigation — When legal disputes disrupt your life, you need an experienced and compassionate litigator who can resolve issues through strong civil litigation actions. Our lawyers are experienced litigators who have achieved successful outcomes through favorable settlement as well as at trial.
Whether you seek debt relief through bankruptcy or a skilled advocate in the courtroom, we offer comprehensive and compassionate counsel that serves your best interests.
Contact experienced bankruptcy and business law attorneys serving Hartford, Connecticut
Grafstein & Arcaro, LLC delivers comprehensive bankruptcy and business counsel to clients throughout the greater Hartford area. Call 860-777-1583 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney at our New Britain or Manchester office.